A total of 6,034,602 COVID-19 infections and 325,716 deaths were confirmed today since the beginning of the pandemic in Mexico; This was announced by the Daily Technical Report on COVID-19 from the Ministry of Health (Ssa).
Through the General Directorate of Epidemiology, the report corresponding to Thursday, June 30, was shared, where it is verified that in the last 24 hours 24,537 infections and 47 deaths were recorded. In terms of infections, the figure is the highest in the entire month of June, as well as the highest since last February. Compared to the previous day (Wednesday, June 29), there was an increase of 1,389 infections nationwide, while deaths increased considerably, going from 31 to 47 in one day.
The states that led the statistics in terms of accumulated confirmed cases are Mexico City (CDMX) with 1,493,362, the State of Mexico with 599,758, Nuevo León with 335,600, Guanajuato with 289,279, Jalisco with 253,637, San Luis Potosí with 193,532, Tabasco with 192,511, Veracruz with 188,431, Puebla with 174,853 and Sonora with 170,931.
Meanwhile, according to the report of the Ministry of Health, as of today there were 723,971 suspected cases, as well as 149,488 active cases, which are those that began with symptoms in the last 14 days.
According to the Technical Communiqué of the health authority in Mexico, the current epidemiological week averages, to date, 14,065 infections, unlike the previous day which averaged 12,949; showing an increase in the average of 1,116 infections.
The occupancy of general beds at the national level increased to 8%, the rise has been one percent daily in the last 72 hours. As for the occupancy of beds with ventilators, it remains at two percent.
Meanwhile, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), stated that cases of contagion in the world increased by 18 percent in the last week, exceeding 4 million reports globally.
“Only with the concerted action of governments, international agencies and the private sector will we be able to solve the converging challenges,” the official declared.
According to the report of the international organization published on June 29, at the global level, the Middle East was the region that presented the greatest increase, with a rise of 47 percent. Similarly, in Europe cases increased by 32 percent, while in America there was an increase by 14 percentage points.
Cases are on the rise in 110 countries around the world, where the BA.4 and BA.5 variants of the Omicron are the most common. These versions of the virus are up to 30% more contagious than the original variant of the virus, which emerged in late 2019, according to the WHO.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Jalisco and Nayarit study plan for Punta de Mita-Boca de Tomatlán bus route With the goal of offering a safe route between both ends of the bay, the Jalisco and Nayarit Transport Secretariats will begin studies of the interurban system that will move the people from Punta de Mita to Boca de Tomatlán aboard a single bus. The plan was announced by Luis Romero Chávez, president of the…
- With rising COVID-19 cases in Puerto Vallarta, new testing center opens at Naval Hospital Naval and municipal authorities launched the Covid 19 Detection Center inside the Naval Hospital in Puerto Vallarta. Given the increase in cases of coronavirus in the city, it was agreed between the Secretary of the Navy of Mexico and the municipal government to create this space for the detection of infections. The Center will be…
- Guadalajara will co-host Gay Games 2023 On the International LGBTQ+ Pride Day, the Government of Jalisco, through the Ministry of Tourism (Secturjal), the Ministry of Culture, CODE Jalisco, and the Directorate of Sexual Diversity in collaboration with the Guadalajara Convention and Visitors Bureau, announced that Guadalajara will be the co-host venue, together with Hong Kong, of the Gay Games 2023, which…
- Bank robbery in Marina Vallarta leads to police chase and shootings from Jalisco to Nayarit The robbery at a bank branch ended in a chase by the municipal police of Puerto Vallarta, the National Guard (GN), and the Navy from Jalisco to Nayarit. After the report of the robbery at the bank located in Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, the authorities began the operation to find the armed individuals…
- Tropical Storm Celia continues to intensify: Heavy rains in Jalisco and Nayarit Tropical Storm Celia continues to intensify off the Mexican Pacific coast and is likely to become a Category 1 hurricane between Friday and Saturday. According to information from the National Meteorological Service, the cyclone is currently located 395 km south-southwest of Manzanillo, Colima, and 430 km south of Playa Pérula, in Jalisco. Maximum sustained winds…