After the discovery of one of Debanhi Escobar’s identifications in an apartment complex, the Nuevo León authorities announced that the young woman’s friends had reported the theft of personal belongings prior to her disappearance.
The head of the Prosecutor’s Office specializing in femicides in Nuevo León, Griselda Núñez, did not disclose whether the credential found on May 5 was among the belongings stolen from the young woman.
In an interview with journalist Azucena Uresti, the official announced that ” the theft of Debanhi Escobar’s belongings took place some time before her disappearance “, as well as that “the finding will help determine if it has any relation to her death”.
The Nuevo León Attorney General’s Office had previously conducted a search in an apartment of Constitución Condominiums, where the identification was found on May 5 inside a planter outside the condominiums.
“On April 19, the interior of an apartment was searched, no personal objects were found there. The location was in a public space,” said the spokeswoman for the case of Debanhi’s alleged femicide.
Among the personal items found inside Debanhi’s bag, found at the Nueva Castilla Motel, another SNTE credential was found, the date of issue of which was not revealed.
The credential found around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 5, had the issue date of April 2021, while its validity was marked for August 2021, so it was an expired credential. and probably Debanhi would have received another document with later validity.
Mario Escobar, Debanhi’s father, is a professor registered with the SNTE, which granted benefits to his relatives, for which Debanhi would have requested her credential from the union, which would identify her at the institution.
During the course of the day, Mario Escobar confirmed that the Debanhi credential that was found this Thursday had been lost for about two and a half months, for which he asked not to give great importance to the document.
The condominiums located in the city of Monterrey are 24 kilometers from the Nueva Castilla Motel, where Debanhi’s lifeless body was found on April 21, along with some of his belongings.
Nuevo León authorities are still carrying out the proceedings to determine the causes of the death of Debanhi Escobar, which is presumed to have been a femicide, for which the head of the Prosecutor’s Office specializing in said crime took the lead in the investigations by the case.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Passenger trains in Mexico with 11 routes will include station in Puerto Vallarta Just as people travel by train in countries like the United States and throughout Europe, this could be happening in Mexico by 2050, with at least 11 different routes that will take you around the country by train. It’s taken nearly a decade to construct a 300 km highway from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta, which…
- Debanhi Escobar identification found more than 20 kilometers from where her body was found The discovery of an identification supposedly belonging to Debanhi Escobar, 18 years old, could change the investigation that the authorities of Nuevo León have made known so far. This Thursday around 07:30 a.m., residents of the Constitución Condominiums warned that in the planters of the building there was an identification of the young woman who…
- Puerto Vallarta announces 11 streets to receive new cobblestone pavement In an extraordinary town hall session, the approval of the initiative presented by Mayor Luis Alberto Michel Rodríguez, was carried out so that Puerto Vallarta participates in the ‘Cobblestone Program for Economic Reactivation in the Municipalities’. The state program is implemented through the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (SADER) with the purpose of financing…
- Australian woman missing in Mexico after child found alone Authorities on Mexico’s Caribbean coast have issued an alert for a missing Australian woman whose 2-year-old daughter was found wandering alone in the resort city of Cancun. Prosecutors in the coastal state of Quintana Roo said Tahnee Shanks, 32, was last seen on Monday in Cancun. There was no immediate information on how she became…
- The body of a woman found in a supermarket cart in Puerto Vallarta The body of a woman was located Tuesday morning inside a supermarket cart in a Puerto Vallarta neighborhood. According to police reports, the events occurred at the intersection of Crisantemo and Las Palmas streets, in the Villa las Flores neighborhood of Puerto Vallarta. The report was made shortly before 10:00 a.m., where it was reported…