A second autopsy performed on the body of Debanhi Escobar revealed that the young woman suffered sexual abuse before being hit on the head repeatedly, which would have caused the trauma that caused her death.
The documents of the Nuevo León Prosecutor’s Office obtained by El País indicated that the young woman could have been a victim of sexual violence inside the Nueva Castilla Motel since the expert work determined that Debanhi died before falling into the cistern in which she was found.
Previously, the state authorities had revealed that no water was found inside Debanhi’s lungs, so the possibility was opened that the young woman had fallen into the body of water alive, which would be ruled out after the second autopsy.
Debanhi’s relatives continue with their own investigations to clarify the circumstances that led to the young woman’s death, which are carried out in parallel with the proceedings that the State Prosecutor’s Office is carrying out.
Mario Escobar, Debanhi’s father, asked to meet President Andrés Manuel López Obrador in a private meeting next Friday, May 13, since the president will travel to Nuevo León for a work tour.
In the morning press conference, the president announced that he is willing to meet with Mario Escobar if he comes to the location where the president will be speaking in the State.
On May 11, Mario Escobar announced the results of the search that Nuevo León authorities carried out for more than 17 hours inside the facilities of the Nueva Castilla Motel, where they focused on checking room 174 of the motel.
Through a video published on his own YouTube channel, the young woman’s father announced that the review carried out in the establishment concluded around 6 in the morning on Wednesday, May 11, they began around noon the previous day.
Mario Escobar reported that the authorities found more surveillance cameras after the search, whose recordings will be reviewed upon request; but he did not specify where in the area they were found.
Debanhi’s father assured that undisclosed sources informed him about the presence of the security cameras that had not previously been considered for the case, reports that he wished he had discovered beforehand.
He ruled that “No line of investigation in the Susana Debanhi Escobar Bazaldúa case is going to be closed until they prove otherwise to me,” for which “I demand that the Prosecutor’s Office do its job, I demand that the jurisdiction agency do their job.”
He also expressed his support for the relatives of more disappeared women in the state, such as María Fernanda and Yolanda Martíne z, as he demanded “that Debanhi’s case be resolved and that the same thing not happen again with the others; I sympathize with the other dads and moms who have been through this. We are not going to stop and we are not going to take our finger off the line.”
Escobar stressed that he will continue to seek to clarify the circumstances of his daughter’s death, as he seeks to do so for the social good and for Debanhi, who “sends him many messages from heaven that she is fine and calm, I will not be until I find the truth ”.
Trending Stories Right Now on PVDN
- Authorities searching Nueva Castilla Motel again for new evidence in the Debanhi Escobar case Authorities in Nuevo León carried out a new search of the Nueva Castilla Hotel in pursuit of new evidence in the investigation of the death of Debanhi Susana Escobar Bazaldúa. The search is focused on the restaurant area, a point from which images were obtained from a couple of video surveillance cameras, in which Debanhi’s…
- Puerto Vallarta signs letter of intent to receive assistance from U.S to reduce violence USAID will provide technical assistance for the implementation of activities and programs focused mainly on the prevention of homicides. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the mayors of the municipalities of Guadalajara, Zapopan, El Salto, Tlaquepaque, Tlajomulco, Tonalá, and Puerto Vallarta signed a letter of intent with the aim of establishing commitments…
- 1 dead, 6 injured in shootings in Mexican resort of Cancun At least one person has died and six more have been injured in a shooting that occurred Friday night in Cancun. The shooting began at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Kabah Avenue, in the nightlife heart of the tourist resort. According to local press reports, there were simultaneous attacks on two bars located on the same…
- They predict 17 named storms for the 2022 Pacific hurricane season starting May 15 The 2022 hurricane season in the Pacific Ocean area will begin on May 15, according to meteorological projections in Mexico, and experts predict that there will be greater activity than last year. For 2022, 9 hurricanes and 8 tropical storms are predicted for the Pacific Ocean; that is, 17 named storms when the typical number…
- Puerto Vallarta prepares for National Tsunami Warning Drill Puerto Vallarta is preparing to participate in the National Tsunami Warning Drill, to be held next Monday, May 16, on the Mexican Pacific coast, under the hypothesis of a magnitude 8.2 earthquake, off the coast of Jalisco. This exercise is organized by the National Tsunami Warning System (SINAT) and the National Civil Protection System (SINAPROC),…